Friday, November 27, 2009

a few firsts..

From the moment I found out I was having a baby I started thinking about all the fun first events baby and I would have... Once I knew his due date I realized his first "holiday" would be Halloween, how exciting! Rob and I are huge halloween fanatics, we dress up every year, spook up our house, go to parties and such.. Heck, last year I was pregnant with little man but didnt know it just yet and we were celebrating first class at a literal castle in Bel Air!

This Halloween naturally was a family event... We took a few trips to the pumpkin patch which was TONS of fun... then we had our first annual pumpkin carving contest.  We invited all our neighbors and some friends and it turned out to be such a hit!  Kids were busy carving out pumpkin teeth, scooping out the guts and trying to make theirs the "winner".  I put on some orange and black tights and a little dark makeup but thats as far as my costume went... I didnt mind one bit because all along I felt the excitement of sharing Halloween with my lil monkey boy.  Halloween night we put Adam in his monkey costume and took him trick or treating on our block, he really liked his lil monkey suit! A few friends and grandpa came over... we ate frozen pizzas and played ping pong... such a mellow time but I couldnt ask for more.  I can hardly believe that next Halloween Adam will be toddling down our street holding his own candy catching basket...

Then came Thanksgiving.  Oh how thankful and grateful I am.  We were blessed enough to have our family over to share Thanksgiving dinner.  I cooked a ham, turkey breast and some pies, Gramma & Letty brought everything else.  I set the table beautifully using my wedding china for the first time.  Earlier that day I put Adam in his adorable "My First Thanksgiving" shirt.. he looked so cute! Adam's Uncle Keith was the first to arrive and after they hung out together for a while, Keith helped me cook a bit which was very fun (and a first!).  Slowly family came trickling in until the house was full of different voices and lots of food too.  His Uncle Andrew came and met him for the first time, I was surprised how confident Uncle Andrew was with him.  Everyone was super cute with Adam, wanting to hold him and make him laugh... I smiled in the background realizing this was a memory I never wanted to forget.  Like an angel Adam took a nap during dinner so mommy could actually enjoy her hard work... once he woke up I brought him to the dinner table and everyone was talking to him, he was smiling and giggling.. I even gave him a bite of sweet potatoes! (he loved them and I think they made him hyper!!)

These are the memories that I hope stay with me forever... in fact I'm willing to give up some space in my head to make room for these times I never want to forget...




Ashley in costume


us all in our costumes


my perfect lil pumpkin boy


First Thanksgiving pie baking with Godmother


Adam's first thanksgiving beach stroll


My brothers


our feast

No comments:

Post a Comment